The objectives of the project were to:
- Identify the extent to which the existing products met user needs and clarify the main gaps.
- Identify levels of information which are most relevant to users.
- Identify the most appropriate mechanisms through which statistical information could be delivered to users.
- Provide feedback on the new structure for the Australian hospital statistics report (2008–09 publication).
- Identify priorities for additional information to be included in future versions of the publication.